Ingredients for 10 portions
400g / 14oz dill fresh
450ml / 1 pint olive oil
15g / 0.5oz salt
Preparation / Filling of beaker
1. Wash dill and blanch it for a few seconds in boiling salt water.
2. Remove it and cool immediately in ice water.
3. Drain it well and cut dill coarsely.
4. Put dill with olive oil in a beaker.
5. Mix and press down well.
6. Freeze at -8°F/-22°C for 24 hours.
7. Pacotize portion by portion.
1. Note: The above ingredients are net quantity to fill one beaker to the maximum fill level (0.8litre or 0.8kg) (28oz).
2. This concentrate can be added directly to sauces.
3. For "mise en place" warm up to thaw and put in jars. Keep in refrigerator for further use.
4. To prepare a larger "mise en place" (for example in the summer for the winter season, because of price and quality difference), you can pacotize several beakers, remove the pacotized content immediately, fill it into vacuum bags of 200g (8-10oz) size, (without letting it defrost), seal it and place it back into freezer.